SurfaSoft® is an inert, neutral wound dressing and is a monofilament of transparent polyamide.
Through the unique production process, standardised pores measuring 90 microns are formed, resulting in a surface with 41% draining capacity.
However, the occlusive properties of polyamide ensure a moist wound environment.
The open structure of SurfaSoft® ensures adequate drainage of the wound exudate, without drying out the wound surface.
Moist absorbent dressings - with or without antiseptics - can be applied over SurfaSoft® and can also be removed easily.
This allows for wound inspection without removing the material. SurfaSoft® can remain in situ for several days and can be removed without damaging the underlying tissue.
Size: 20 x 33 cm and 70 x 80 cm
Article numbers: 2033S and 7080S
Registration: Medical device class IIa
· Fast and easy to apply using staples
· For optimum pliability, the gauze can be moistened with physiological saline
· Sits closely against the wound surface
· Improves existing infections and does not induce new ones
· Simple wound inspection during the treatment
· Antiseptics can be applied without moving the graft or damaging the wound bed
SurfaSoft® is used if:
- Fixation of skin transplants using conventional wound dressings is painful, unsatisfactory or time-consuming;
- Conventional dressings threaten to impair the recovery process;
- Conventional dressings appear to hamper drainage;
- The changing of conventional dressings results in a painful and traumatic procedure.